Wednesday 27 April 2016

Top 5 Mothers/Maternal Figures - Top 5 Wednesday

5. Vera Sedge
Vera was a character who was quite fun for me to read about! She lives with her son and takes in a refugee during the second world war called Noel. Even though her reasons who taking Noel under her wing aren't exactly moral the development of their relationship is quite heart warming in places and it becomes clear she starts to really care for the boy as the book goes on.






4.Miss Honey
How wonderful would it be if the world had more Miss Honey's in it. She is the perfect maternal figure to me she see's something in Matilda not many others are willing to see and not only that but she encourages her and nurtures her. I loved this book as a kid and still do to this day and one of the main reasons for that is the relationship between them

3. Mrs Owens
I realise that I have only done maternal figures so far and haven't included any actual mothers as yet but I sometimes think that someone who cares when they don't "have to" are worth appreciating. The Graveyard Book was one of my favourite reads of 2015 and is up there as one of my favourite Gaiman books. The whole cast of characters is brilliant and even though Mrs Owen's isn't involved in a lot of the adventures when she is mentioned you can tell she loves him as if he were her own child.




2. Henryka 
She isn't a big part of the main chunk of the book but I really loved how motherly she was with Yael. As the book went along and in the tense moments I often found myself wondering how worried she must have been as if she was a real person. The way she is described and the way she acts just sounds like the person most of us would think about if asked to describe a great mother!







1. Molly Weasley.
Of course the top spot has to be given to Molly Weasley. Not only does she look after her own 7 children but she takes Harry and even Hermione under her wing, sends them Christmas presents, lets them stay over. I would love to have Molly Weasley as my mum even if she made me de-gnome the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment