Wednesday 15 June 2016

T5W: Favorite Literary Fathers/Father Figures

I'm here with another Top 5 Wednesday which was started by Ginger Reads Lainey and is now being looked after by Thoughts on Tomes and the topics can be found on Goodreads
This will probably be quite brief as I sadly lost my own dad when I was 15 (10 years ago) and even though it has been a long time I still find it hard to think about it or about how great other dads are.

Arthur Weasley (Harry Potter);
I don't think I really need to say much here that many other people won't already say. He is brilliant, great outlook on life, brilliant sense of humour and really wise when he needs to be!

Hans Hubermann
I wasn't a big fan of The Book Thief but one of the few things I did enjoy was how loving and caring Hans Hubermann

Bernard Clark (Me Before You)
I really loved Bernard Clark as a father figure he reminded me very much of my dad and my father in law - witty, sarcastic and will take the p*** out of your for anything and everything.

Both Dads from Lola & the Boy Next Door seem like great dads for me. I think others might see them as a little over protective but I thought they were really great!

Rubeus Hagrid (Harry Potter)
I freaking love Hagrid and I think he is probably the most underated character ever written! Everyone likes Hagrid (or most people do anyway) but I don't think people appreciate him and everything he contributes throughout the books. I think he is the best father figure Harry has I have many issues with the others who are claimed to be father figures (Sirius & Dumbledore) but Hagrid is protective, strong, humble & he really helps guide Harry through his time at Hogwarts! All Hail Hagrid!


No comments:

Post a Comment